| Home | About | Food | Fashion | Beauty | DIY | Shop |

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Brownie Cookies

I love cookies. I love brownies. I thought, why not double the fun and combine them? So... that's exactly what I did.





       Ingredients:
~1 pkg favorite brownie mix
~2 eggs
~1/3 C vegi oil
~a few TBS water


Enough water is added to make
gooey spoonfuls waiting to be baked.
This dough needed about 1/3 C water added.
Preheat your oven to 350. One of the many lovely things about these gooey treats, is that they only take about 8-10 minutes vs the 40 minutes of a traditional brownie!!! YEY! Chocolate faster!

Ok, so, gather your ingredients and heat up your oven. Combine the eggs and oil, then gradually add the brownie mix. Gradually add the water to create a nice moist dough.
For this recipe, I used a gluten free variety (because my g.f. friend was coming over). I noticed that it definitely required more water than it would have if I  had used a regular mix. That being said, you don't want a batter (like a normal brownie) you want more of a dough. 
Once you find your perfect gloppy consiscency, spoon out heaps onto a liberally greased cookie sheet. I like to use parchment paper as well. Not only for it's lovely anti-stick qualities, but also for it's crazy quick cleanup abilities. As much as I love to cook, cleaning isn't my favorite, so I tend to try and avoid it.
Anywho, now that they're ready and waiting, pop them in the oven for 8-10 minutes. You want the outside to look dry, but they should still be fairly squishy. They harden a bit as they cool, so you want to pull them out a tad early so they keep their brownie-ness. The best way to do this is just to pull the parchment paper directly onto the cooling rack. Let them cool a bit so they can firm up, but these are great if they're still a bit warm.

Well, I'll stop rambling and let you get to enjoying this super chocolaty treat... 

Crispy outside, perfect gooey brownie inside!

No comments:

Post a Comment