| Home | About | Food | Fashion | Beauty | DIY | Shop |

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pesto Mashed Potatoes

Hello, Lovelies!

I was really struggling with a St. Patrick recipe this year. I don't know what it is... I knew I wanted to do something that could and would be eaten year round, but was festive enough for leprechauns. What I came up with is actually nothing particularly new in my recipe rotation. Mashed Potatoes! How much more festive can you get than potatoes? Well, how about green ones?


Yield: 3-4

Ingredients:

  • 2 Large Russet Potatoes
  • 2 Tbs butter
  • 1/3 C heavy cream
  • 1 Tbs chopped garlic
  • 3-4 cubes of fresh frozen herbs (or a big handful of chopped fresh herbs)
The beauty of this dish is that you can completely customize your potatoes. Don't like basil? Use parsley. Want them chunky? Leave the skins on. Silky smooth? Peel them and use an electric beater.

Below is my take on this deliciously festive side dish:


How are you planning on celebrating the luck of the Irish this year?

Love always,

No comments:

Post a Comment