| Home | About | Food | Fashion | Beauty | DIY | Shop |

Friday, October 5, 2012

Annual Federal Hill Columbus Day Festival

Just a heads up to anyone in the Southern New England area: the annual Federal Hill Columbus Day Festival is back! Come visit the Italian district of the quaint New England city of Providence, RI and enjoy some live music, fun games, and of coarse...FOOD!

Fresh cheese ravioli from Venda's

Obviously I'm a little excited. I have been attending this festival for the past nine years. I first went to it the year I began dating my sweetheart because his mother lived a block away from the heart of the festivities. These three days hold a special place in my heart. (Festival spans from October 6-8th)

Just one of the many options for deliciousness...
Besides the sentimentality, I look forward to the food. All along restaraunt row, tents are handing out goodies waiting to be devoured. Don't forget to grab some handmade ravioli from Venda, cannoli from either Palmieri's or Pastiche and a nice fresh cappuccino. Take your new found goodies, grab a seat on the fountain in DePasquale Square and listen to the sweet crooning of a Frank Sinatra doppelgänger.

To top off all of the fantastic happenings at this festival, there is a dynamic parade boasting renowned 88th Army Band and RI state troopers. The parade is held on Sunday, October 7th at 12 noon. Rain or Shine.

So basically, what I am saying is that you should definitely join the estimated 100,000 festival goers and check out this awesome event.

Oh, and P.S. if a great Italian festival isn't enough, Providence's last waterfire of the season will be aglow in pink on Saturday, October 6th in honor of breast cancer awareness.


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment