| Home | About | Food | Fashion | Beauty | DIY | Shop |

Friday, February 8, 2013

Heart Beet Salad ♡

Happy Hallmark I mean Valentine's season! Ok, I admit I do love this holiday, even if it has become a total sell out. The idea behind it is quite nice. I mean, we should celebrate love more often. To help do that, I've re-imagined one of my favorite salads.



Beet and Goat cheese Spinach Salad

Ingredients:
• Salad greens (I used spinach, but arugula or mesculin is really nice too)
• Beets (I used both red and golden)
• Goat or feta cheese
• Dressing*

Tools:
• Plastic cutting board (to avoid staining)
• Sharp knife
• Baking sheet
• Gloves (helps prevent staining your hands)
• Paper towels
 shaped cookie cutter (optional... You could simple dice the beets, but this is more festive)


To see how to put it all together, watch the video below:




*This is my new favorite dressing:

  • 1/2 Pomagranite juice
  • 1/4 Balsamic Vinegar
Combine and bring to a simmer. Reduce until thick and syrupy, or about 1/2 liquid is left. Drizzle over salad along with a light drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.



Did you all love this as much as I did? It's just so cute!

Love always,

No comments:

Post a Comment