| Home | About | Food | Fashion | Beauty | DIY | Shop |

Monday, April 8, 2013

Get Ready With Me: Masquerade Ball



Hello, Lovelies!

I recently had the opportunity to attend a fantastic Relay for Life event. Now, as far as relay events go, they're all great. It's for a good cause, after all. This one just so happened to be a fundraising masquerade ball! More like "fun-raising"! It was a blast.

One of my close friends is part of the local relay team, and every spring there is a large fundraising banquet. Last year had a 50's sock hop theme (also a blast).
Kerri and me in
last years' sock hop outfits.








This year, however, was a freakin' masquerade ball. Let me just tell you how overly excited I was when I found this out. I immediately had visions of venetian gowns, grand canals and music floating through the air... I knew I had to make my own mask.




If you follow me on Instagram (find me here), then you will have seen my practice runs. I decided to paint my mask on my face purely because I love playing with makeup and I don't have too many excuses during my everyday life to paint myself that extravagantly. After toying around with different products an coming up with the exact look I wanted, I threw together a quick "ball inspired" outfit and was good to go.

Watch the video below and get ready with me to go to a fantastical event:



This was one of the most fun ways to give back and help. There was a silent auction, karaoke contest, and raffles (not to mention the event tickets themselves) all went to relay. Have you ever been to/organized a charity event? What is your favorite way to give back?

Love always,




No comments:

Post a Comment