| Home | About | Food | Fashion | Beauty | DIY | Shop |

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Banana Peanutbutter Cup Froyo

My FroYo obsession is obvious if you see my Instagram.
Hello Lovelies!

Ok, so if you follow me on Instagram you've probably gathered that I have a ridiculous obsession with froyo.  I post about it probably once a week and eat it maybe more than that. Luckily this "healthy" alternative is a little bit better than softserve ice cream, but it is definitely not cheaper. That, and when a craving hits, I'm not always able to jump up and leave the house.


One day while perusing Pinterest, I stumbled across a banana frozen yogurt. Simply put, it is frozen bananas that have been blended to the consistency of soft serve. I wasn't entirely convinced that this would work, but I had to give it a try. Luckily, I keep sliced bananas in my freezer 100% of the time (I get spontaneous smoothie cravings).

After a few goes, I've come up with my absolute favorite combination of flavors. Chocolate, peanut butter, and banana  basically make the most delicious peanut butter cup froyo on the planet. And it's actually healthy!!!



Check out this quick and simple recipe and let me know what you think. Fair warning: if you become addicted to this it's not my fault. ☺

Magic Bananas
• 1 banana, sliced and frozen
• 1 Tbs peanut butter, I prefer the "natural" variety
• 1 tsp cocoa powder, unsweetened 
• ~1 Tbs milk, I like unsweetened almond milk

Blend all ingredients together until smooth and creamy. If your mixture is too thick, simply add small amounts of milk. Feel free to throw on some chopped peanuts,whipping cream, or sprinkles when you're done just to make it a little bit more festive. 


As always, enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment