| Home | About | Food | Fashion | Beauty | DIY | Shop |

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Eyeko Skinny Brush Mascara Review

Eyeko Skinny Brush Mascara
Hi there, lovelies.

 I have recently been testing out the much talked about Eyeko Skinny Brush Mascara. So many things about it caught my attention... 
namely the fantastic claims from the company and fellow bloggers alike. Keep reading to learn some key points from the company, my personal before and after photos, and my own thoughts regarding how I've gotten along with this interesting new(ish) product. 




Eyeko Skinny Brush Mascara
and Eyeko Shield
A quick rundown of things that Eyeko claims:
The company's website boasts the mascara's  "slim design brush with dispersed bristles grabs and captures even the shortest lashes to lengthen, extend and separate like no other." While the " key ingredient Pro-vitamin B [will] promote growth..." by preventing breakage for long-term maintenance. The mascara is not only water-resistant, but also an "intense jet-black" shade that "locks in colour for 12hrs+" while remaining "easy-to-remove."

Oh, and let's not forget the "Eyeko Shield." This little guitar-pick thing comes free in every box. It is designed to be placed behind the lashes during application, allowing you to "maximise length and minimise smudges."  

These are some pretty intense claims... I cannot pretend that this particular review is a first impression, given that I have scrupulously scoured my favorite blogs for their opinions on the matter. Fellow bloggers' high opinions are what drove my to purchase the skinny brush mascara in the first place.


Putting it to the test:


Let's begin by breaking down Eyeko's assertions:

*Vitamin B is known for helping to keep lashes healthy, so I suppose with long-term use, this mascara may be beneficial. I have not been using it long enough (or continuously for that matter) to judge this particular declaration. 
*Intense jet black color that lasts for 12hrs+... Absolutely. I accidentally fell asleep with this on (shhhh....don't tell anyone) and woke up with perfectly coated lashes. It easily lasted for 20hrs+
*Water-resistant while easy to remove... Somewhat. It's water resistant nature does make it slightly more finicky, however it was nowhere near as clingy as some of my other water-friendly choices. While this is not entirely waterproof, it held up well through a sweaty run at the gym. Removal was simple enough when I held a cotton pad on my eye a few extra seconds. 
*The Eyeko Shield... Not for me. It felt prestigious receiving a little freebee in the box, but I just couldn't get the hang of it. I felt like it was cumbersome and ended up tossing it to the side rather quickly. 


Before and after photos:


Let's get to what you all really want to see...does it actually look good? Do the bristles really grab every lash making it "extend and separate like no other"? Take a look for yourselves:



Bare lashes: open

Bare lashes: closed
One eye, one coat: open
One eye, one coat: closed
One coat, both eyes: open
One coat, both eyes: closed


Personal opinions:


After my first run through with this mascara, I have to admit my disappointment. I had quite a difficult time with the application. The wand held way too much product, which inturn ended up clumping and all over my eyelid. Once I figured out this was the problem, I simply made sure to really wipe off ALL the excess mascara before applying. What a HUGE difference that made! The Eyeko shield is intended to help with the issues I'd had, but I just felt it was too unwieldy; it ended up in the way more often than not. 

My refusal to give up on this product has been rewarding. I've found that I LOVE the formula, just not the brush. I now use a different spooly that is still quite skinny, just with more bristles. Also, the longer I use this mascara, the drier the formula becomes (duh) and the easier it is to apply. 

I will definitely be checking out another Eyeko product soon. Have you tried this (or any other) Eyeko mascara? Let me know what you thought. 


Love always, 












No comments:

Post a Comment